Sunday, November 19, 2006

an interview with Bernard.

Hi, Today while I was reading my newspaper, I saw an article about Armenian issue and as I have done before, I read it. I saw a familiar face as a French Intellectual ( Bernard Dreano) who declares his thoughts about the law in France. I want to share with you but it is only in Turkish, you may see the pictures of Bernard:) Briefly, the news is an interview with Denis Donikyan who is a famous poet I think and an interview with Bernard. This is the fourth news of a series called ' Talking to Diaspora Armenians' (the writer is Ece Temelkuran who is known as a left-wing writer, specifically more left than a social-democrat. I like some of her writings very much about freedom and violations of human rights in Turkey. The newspaper is Milliyet which is high-circulation and mainstream media. The article is full-page in 14th page.) Firstly Donikyan is telling that Turkey should accept 1915.Then he adds: I did not grow up my children with this hatred and I did not tell them 1915 because my childhood is stolen and I don't want to steal my children's childhood. He continues with his own psychoanalysis about feeling of belonging to another place and stolen childhood with hatred speeches. I think he is a very good poet because he talks like he is:) Isabella Kortian ( I think his assistant I am not sure) says: We are angry at France because we came here to live as citizens but they banned us even to speak about genocide through many years. Now with this law I wont forget the past. Bernard says: French intellectuals are totally shocked with this stupid law. He mentions the well-known project "yavas gamats:)"he adds "The only ones who want this law is very nationalist/ fascist Armenians.This will trigger only more nationalism nothing else. I know that there are people such as Kardeş Türküler ( a music band sings in every language including Armenian and Kurdish) and Çarentz ( Armenian Poet in Turkey) and these people will serve to the dialogue." Bernard can correct me if there is something wrong. This is the Turkish page that you can see the news but it is unfortunately only in Turkish as I said before. http://www.milliyet.com.tr/2006/11/19/yazar/temelkuran.html F.Dilara DEMİR ( So-called journalist from Turkey:)

2 Comments:

Blogger HCA-Club said...

Thanks so much Dilara ! Is it true besides that the picture of Bernard in Milliet is mentionned in the printed newspaper as the one of the Armenian poet, as I have been told ?!

8:36 AM  
Blogger HCA-Club said...

(Former answer written by Karine, who says hello to every one by the way. I am preparing some fresh news after last HcA-France "Youth-Program Seminar" in Paris former week, where Mamuka "from Die", amoung other HCA-members, was present, just as Vitalie from Moldova by the way, who should have come to Die but could not because of visa. Friendly regards to you all)

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home